A Ten-Month Training of Insight Meditation, March - December 2016, with Robert Beatty.
This ten-month class will provide a thorough study and experience of the core meditation teachings of the Buddha. Each of the Four Foundations of Mindfulness will be explored both cognitively and experientially. By the end of this class participants will deeply understand the purpose and practice of meditation and have the skills to bring mindfulness to every aspect of life.
Consider this class if you have been dabbling in meditation and are ready to make a real commitment to your inner life. Past participants have found themselves more relaxed and happy, much wiser concerning their psychological and emotional suffering and committed to daily meditation as a way of life.
- Matt Flickstein has provided fifty contemplations specifically written for this training. During the 10 months of the class you will receive one of these contemplations every few days to guide you in your meditation.
- Each weekly contemplation will be paired with chapters from Joseph Goldstein's book: Mindfulness.
- The contemplations will also be paired with links to a series of forty-three talks, from which Joseph Goldstein's wrote the book.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to meet with Robert for half-an-hour each month.
- Participants are requested to commit to the entire ten months of the program. Occasional absences will not disqualify anyone, but there is a momentum to these teachings that requires an ongoing presence with them.
- In order to engage productively with the course material it will be essential to maintain a daily meditation practice and to have some time for contemplation and reading.
- The suggested donation for the training is $600 if paid in full prior to the start of classes. If you would like to make monthly payments, the suggested donation will be $65 per month. Because PIMC wants the teachings accessible to all, no one will be turned away for lack of funds. If cost will create an obstacle to your participation please contact Kate Staples- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday Evenings: 7 PM - 9 PM 3/9, 4/13, 5/11, 6/8, 7/27, 8/17, 9/14, 10/19, 11/16, 12/14.
One Day Retreats 9 AM - 4:30 PM Saturdays 4/23, 12/10
This is a significant commitment. Please consider carefully whether it is truly in alignment with your life at this time.
If you have questions please contact Kate at 503-771-4123
Yours in the Dharma