General Information and Guidelines for Parents & Kids
Welcome to the PIMC Children's Program! Our goal is to provide a supportive and creative learning environment for the children of parents who wish to participate in the adult Sunday meditation. Each Sunday, the program teacher will offer group activities that may include performing and visual arts, meditation, yoga, and play with the aid of an assisting parent.
Below are some basic guidelines for participation in the Children's Program:
- The program accepts children ages three and above.
- Parents will be asked to fill out a basic information sheet about each child.
- Parents will be asked to provide their contact information, including email addresses, so that it will be possible to communicate with them easily.
- A small, healthy, snack will be available to children each week. Parents, please advise the teacher if there are any allergy issues.
- Children will need their shoes and coats to be accessible, as we will often make use of the outdoor play area.
- Parents are responsible for any toileting assistance their child may need while attending the program. Parents are asked to encourage their child to use the restroom before the start of the program.
- Parents are responsible for letting the program teacher know of any special needs their child may have.
- Children are asked to do their personal best in listening to and following the program teacher's and assisting parent's directions.
- It is at the discretion of the program teacher and assisting parent to ask a parent for support if their child is behaving in an unsafe or disruptive manner.