“Work is love made visible” - Kahlil Gibran
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Portland Insight Meditation Community. The efforts of our volunteers are the heartbeat of this community and create a loving space for Dharma instruction, meditation practice, and the forming of deep interpersonal connections. With your generosity, you are helping to manifest future opportunities for others to participate in the liberation offered by the eightfold path.
Here at PIMC we have many opportunities for karma yoga. We strive to offer volunteer positions that aid you on your path. There are weekly, monthly, quarterly, and one time tasks; whatever your ability to contribute, we have an opportunity for you to participate.
Overview of Volunteer Program
- Housekeeping – vacuuming, bathrooms, kitchen
- Landscaping – lawn care
- Hospitality – Sunday flowers, Sunday treats and setup, Sunday Closing
- Children’s Program - Teacher’s Assistant
- Landscaping – weeding and plant care
Quarterly or Twice Yearly Commitment
- Content Creation
- Design and Photography
- Karma Yoga Parties
- Housekeeping, landscaping, maintenance
- Other one time projects
- Maintenance – plumbing, electrical, building repair, painting, gutter cleaning
If you would like more information about the volunteer opportunities that are currently open, please complete this short questionnaire and Kirsten or Ruth (our coordinators) will be in touch.